Learners acquiring this qualification will be equipped with the required competencies to supervise safe and efficient blasting and other associated mining activities in an underground environment.
The appointee should:
- Have a minimum Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Educational certificate, with pure Mathematics and English Communication, in order to be accepted onto the Blasting Certificate programme
- Achieve a psychometric evaluation outcome score of 3 or higher
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Applicants with Pure Mathematics and English in Grade 12
- Applicants with highest aggregate in pure Mathematics and English in Grade 12
- Applicants who achieve a psychometric evaluation outcome score of 4 or higher
- Shortlisted applicants will need to undergo an interview process, psychometric assessment and screening, which will be considered during allocation of learnerships.
- The selection process will not be delayed to accommodate applicants whose screening process is delayed for whatsoever reason.
- Applicants must upload CV, certified (SAPS) copies of ID and qualifications online.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection
- All foreign qualifications must have SAQA verification
Closing date: 28 March 2021