The appointee should:
- Have NQF 4 (National Senior Certificate or Grade 12 or National Senior Certificate for Adults) with English Literacy.
- Have N3 Electrical Trade Theory.
- Have N3 Engineering Drawing.
- Be in possession of Section 13 or 26D (completed learnership / apprenticeship) Electrical Trade Certificate as recognised by the QTCO.
- At least 10 years’ experience as a qualified Electrician Artisan on Vertical Winding Plant within a mining environment.
- At least 10 years’ experience as a qualified Electrician Artisan on MV (6600-11000kV) within a mining environment.
- Clear security screening record.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- All Qualification documentation (validated by Labour company – Mine)
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Relevant competency Winder courses as per Sibanye-Stillwater minimum six (x6) modules must be completed as per engineering standard.
- Onsetters certificate is highly recommended, working on Care & Maintenance sections.
- Multi-Skilled additional trade in mechanical field is highly recommended millwright plater/boilermaking rigger/ropesman is optional working on Care & Maintenance sections,
- Relevant computer skills (MS Office and SAP) minimum ‘basic’ level.
- Working knowledge of applicable legislative, safety, health risk and environmental requirements and standards.
- Numeracy and literacy to use written technical procedures as used in the organisation.
- Working knowledge of and practical experience in engineering technologies and practices.
- No major sensory restrictions,
- Good motor skills (hand, eye and foot coordination).
- Must have passed a ‘Dover’ test.
- Analytical with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate within confined spaces and working at heights in vertical shafts and on/in high structures.
- LDV or Vehicle driver’s license(s) or better, minimum level B.
- Mobile TMM Lifting machine driver’s certificate/ license is highly recommended Manitiou or Franna working on Care & Maintenance sections.
Closing date: 20 March 2021