Come and join us as part of Anglo American Platinum, Amandelbult Mine is inviting highly driven and motivated individuals to partake in its Graduate Programme. This is a Fixed Term Contract for 3 years.
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Job Description:You will take on a range of different tasks within the Mining Department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To undertake daily underground production work and to monitor compliance to all safety and mine standards
- Caring out appropriate early entry examination tasks, Input relevant data into plans and layouts
- Liaising with the Shift Supervisors to determine and declare the workplace safe and attend to the production teams needs according to their operational plans or problems encountered
- Monitoring underground conditions and reporting to the relevant Departments
- Guideline management in standards for section safety and performance
- Audit mining standards for support and pillars to ensure conformance
- Monitoring legal conformance to procedures and standards in terms of Mine Standards
- Participation in the investigation of relevant mining related incidents and accidents
- Supporting the Shift Supervisor/Mine Overseer with production information to compile reports
- Assisting the Shift supervisor with the risk assessments on the stope and development plans
- Assisting with the reviewing of mining layouts and support
- Apply recognized work, legislative and security standards
- Monitors and reports stability of underground workings to the Rock Engineering department
This role is in the Mining Department at a C4 Level reporting to Human Resource Development Coordinator People Development
- BEng/ BSc Eng/ B-Tech Degree in Mining Engineering
- Completed an underground Hard-Rock Blasting Certificate/Rock Breaker Certificate or
- Busy completing an underground Hard-Rock Blasting Certificate/Rock Breaker Certificate
To be successful, you will have the following experience:
- Experience as a miner will be advantageous
- Driver’s license code 08
- If successful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
21 March 2021
APPLY ONLINE HERE