UD Trucks Southern Africa has a one year internship opportunity in the following area: IT
This internship is for a Junior Support Technician / Office Administrator to be based at UD Trucks in Rosslyn
This person will ensure that IT support requests are managed effectively and responded to in a timely manner, either by completing requests themselves or raising them with our helpdesk where necessary.
The successful candidate will have exposure to the following areas within the IT Department:
- Monitor the internal ticketing systems.
- Escalate support requests to Senior Support Specialist when they cannot be completed them.
- Setup of new computers.
- Monitor responses to requests raised with Helpdesk, provide remote- support and respond to any queries in a timely manner.
- Ensure tickets are completed in accordance with the appropriate Service Level Agreement.
- Provide telephone and email support to customers.
- Support the in-house IT team with basic requests (ie. Changing printer toner, replacing cables, setting up projectors, moving computers etc.).
- Maintain our high standards particularly regarding customer communications and response times.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current operating systems and standard software packages, including Microsoft Windows platforms.
- Directs office activities and functions to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Oversees telephone services, email correspondence, and mail distribution.
- Assists in purchase orders and invoicing
- Problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to Work Without Supervision
- Strong Record Keeping Skills
- Team work
- IT Degreediploma or Equivalent
- MCSE, A+, N+; are preferable but not essential
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, including installation and configuration.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard office software packages
- Excellent written and oral communication.
Last application date
APPLY ONLINE HERE