Responsible for the expeditious clearance of outbound shipments and International documents, ensuring that paperwork is correctly documented and that shipments are correctly bagged and all materials are lodged with both the airlines and road carriers where applicable.
- Co-ordinating daily operation activity
- Distribution and allocation of Hub Roster and work responsibility.
- Follow up for the SQR failure with the destination countries and customers
- Co-ordination with co-loader and airlines for connections.
- Co-ordination with the customer for packaging and invoice quality
- Liaise with government & local authorities (Customs, Octroi ,Excise, etc.).
- Prepare documentation for dutiable shipments exiting the gateway to ensure their expeditious passage through the network (invoices and customs clearance forms)
- Ensure UPS procedures are followed correctly with clear details, and correct numbering and marking of pieces.
- Receive, Scan and bag shipments as per destination codes. Monitor the movement to ensure speedy upliftments for all international documents.
- Ensure that all materials are lodge with the airlines or made ready for collection by the road haulier timeously and subsequently following up with airline or road haulier to confirm upliftment of the material on the flight for which it was scheduled.
- Hub clerks have to know all critical information about the paperwork and other legal requirements needed in order for shipments to go smoothly. This includes knowing not only the law but also internal UPS procedures and requirements.
- Hub clerks must be able to work with customs officials, carriers, customers and others in the industry. This includes answering questions from people involved in warehousing.
Education and Work Experience
- South African residency is a must.
- Matric / Grade 12
- Strong analytical, planning and organizing skills, attention to details
- Adhere to policies and procedures and balance with customers’ needs
- Good Communication Skills and Interpersonal Skills
- Good written & spoken English
- Good knowledge of Excel