With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer to join the Pyrotech/Furnace Group as part of our Technologies business unit in Johannesburg.
The focus of the Furnace Group is to provide specialized engineering expertise and services. These would include, but are not limited to, furnace designs and rebuilds, installations and related work.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Be involved in the various parts of the smelting process through furnace technology
- Provide equipment specifications
- Furnace component design and analysis
- Conduct and take part in design reviews
- Interface with clients and vendors
You bring to the role:
- Excellent academic performance and a demonstrated interest pyrometallurgy and furnace related work
- Final year student studying towards a BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering at a recognised Tertiary Institution.
- Or you must have completed your BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering at a recognised tertiary institution and have less than 12 months working experience.
- Fast learner with an eagerness to develop engineering fundamentals and apply them to solving challenging real-world problems and projects
Why join us?
- Develop innovative solutions
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Long term career development
- Work with world class experts
- Flexible work environment.
You must be in possession of and attach copies via this application form of the following:
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering
APPLY ONLINE HERE: