Skip to content
- Ensure packing machines are correctly allocated and utilised to meet production requirements – change over bag-maker and Ishida when required and ensure sufficient materials are available for production requirements.
- Ensure required efficiencies are maintained.
- Identify areas of waste and inefficiency within the production process and suggest remedies to improve yield and efficiencies.
- Minimise film waste.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained by monitoring and informing engineering and by carrying out minor repairs on packaging equipment.
- Ensure that quality control audits are carried out and relevant reports completed.
- Maintain good housekeeping and food safety standards in order to ensure AIB, CRP and Safety compliance.
- Maintain safety standards through safe operating practices in order to avoid accidents and ensure a safe working environment.
- Uphold and maintain ISO 14001 conformance by actively supporting the site Environmental Management System in order to obtain certification.
- Carry out IPS systems procedures.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Related tertiary qualification
- Literate, numerate and confident in the use of panel view computer screens.
- Working knowledge and understanding of all control systems, including PLC’s.
- Knowledge of quality control specifications and techniques
- Information systems: ability to track information and understand line efficiencies and the factors that influence this.