About the Discovery Internship Programme
An internship is a programme which provides on the job training for unemployed graduates who need to gain work experience. The Discovery Internship Programme was launched in 2006 and we have successfully developed and changed the lives of over 480 graduates, with an average permanent placement of 71% post an internship. You will be awarded an opportunity to join the smartest team in the industry and be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment after your 12 months with Discovery.
About Central Services Team
CST is a young, small dynamic team within Health Operations. Its mandate is to be agile, allowing it to quickly assimilate and operationalise new functions and services that require incubation and to curate services that require close links to other specialised teams located primarily in Sandton. It currently comprises of several specialised services including the Executive Office, Social Media Servicing, Health Underwriting, Conservation, Non-Disclosure and most recently Vitality Purple Service.
About Integrated Business Solutions
It is the central coordination of functional development through research and best practice, whilst delivering the strategic initiatives and supporting the day –to –day management of operational activities. Functions that make up the unit are Health Professional Support, Client Experience, Finance and Billing Operations, Corporate and Development Services and Product Integration.
About you & the role
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and driven graduates to join our Discovery Internship programme in 2021.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Analysing a broad range of datasets to interpret and derive insights, leading to great customer understanding
- Presenting and sharing data driven insights in a meaningful way, to inform strategy
- Working with the Technical Marketing teams to maintain and update models produced to inform customer engagement strategies
- Creating accurate reporting & dashboard assets
- Managing relationships with a broad range of internal stakeholders – e.g. Business Intelligence, Health Actuarial teams, MIS – to ensure access to information and best practice
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Advanced excel
- Advanced analytical skills
- Experience with SQL is advantageous
- Strong ability to work with, analyse and communicate findings from data (verbal and written)
- Exposure to statistical modelling tools such as R would be beneficial
- Ability to work under pressure and at fast pace
- A restless curiosity towards data and uncovering trends & insights
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment and balance multiple priorities
- A team player who can work alone when required and without supervision
- High level of attention to detail, resilience, enthusiasm, energy and drive
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ethical and able to maintain confidentiality and manage boundaries
- Aligned to Discovery values and core purpose
- Matric / Grade 12 is essential
- Completed degree in either statistics, applied mathematics, business analytics or another relevant field in the last 6 – 12 months from graduation (Essential)
- No previous internship and or graduate programme in any industry or government institution
- No work experience (Essential)
- Between the ages of 18 – 30 (Essential)
- You must be a South African Citizen by Birth or by naturalization before the 27th April 1994.