Sappi Forests MPU is providing an opportunity for a recently qualified Civil Engineering candidates to participate in the management and maintenance of building structures and infrastructure, such as roads, railways, bridges, dams and water and sewerage systems. This opportunity will provide hands on experience to a recently qualified graduate in all aspects of civil maintenance in the Forestry Industry.
This role reports in to the Area Manager -Technical MPU
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assist with designing solutions to problems by evaluating (not limited to) technical and financial alternatives and present the proposed solutions.
- Implementation of approved solutions.
- Manages a roads management system and databasis for the asset management, planning and cost benefit analysis of the roads network
- Controls all aspects of construction projects i.e. expenditure, project and contractor management, quality control and soil testing
- Produces technical documentation for road and civil engineering projects , handle tenders and prepare contracts with Civil Engineering Contractors. Both for capital and maintenance projects and other civil engineering projects such as dams and airstrips
- Data capture and management
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 / Matric qualification and
- BSc or BEng in Civil Engineering
- No experience required
- Computer skills, proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Driver’s license
Closing Date: 04 December 2020