The appointee should:
- N6 / S4 / T3 electronic light current Diploma in Instrumentation or Diploma in Instrumentation and Process Control.
- Passed area specific systems training modules for role within the organisation.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least 2 years’ experience in current role.
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre.
- Instrumentation Trade Certificate will be an advantage when T3 and S4 Diploma is obtained.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that safety and legal requirements are adhere to.
- Ensure that Operating standards and procedures are adhere to, up to date and understood by team.
- Monitor the Operational Process regularly to ensure conformance to specifications and understanding of standards.
- Maintain applicable safety devices and Regulations, The Act, Codes of practice and standards appropriate to systems.
- Test new equipment to ensure operation up to standard.
- Ensure all hazardous instrumentations devices are maintained and stored properly. (e.g. Radioactive equipment)
Operationalized and optimise work processes:
- Conduct effective planning for function / process.
- Ensure that all planned maintenance schedules are accurately performed.
- Communicate process problems to necessary people.
- Monitor and advice on the settings of machinery to optimise performance.
- Ensure that PLC/ DCS / SCADA programming is performed to standard.
- Maintain and ensure good reliability of field instrumentation, Control and network system and equipment.
- Maintain and ensure good reliability of video surveillance systems.
- Investigate equipment failures, identify the causes and give recommendations with regards to sustainability of equipment.
Closing date: 27 November 2020