CIMA 3 year Internship as Financial Controller
The Financial Controller reports to the General Manager Property Management Division, and assists with the smooth running of the Property Management Division by ensuring the loading and processing of all monthly reports and levy statements timeously under the supervision of the PM Bookkeeper and Specialist Financial Controller.
Salary: R10 000 – R13 000
- Receipting all debtors’ accounts, including non H2H cashbooks
- Requesting Investment Account statements from ABSA
- Billing all debtors (standard monthly charges)
- Loading and updating recurring levy and special levy batches
- Checking and confirming that all readings have been received for capturing
- Loading and updating all electricity/ water/ gas batches as appropriate
- Loading and updating fixed charge batches
- Adding of manual calculations where appropriate
- Creating new tenant accounts
- Making adjustments where appropriate
- Processing all cheque requisitions, debit order payments, EFT’s bank charges, interest etc
- Reconciling of all current accounts as stated on financials
- Reconciling of suspense accounts
- Reconciling of control accounts
- Charging interest on all overdue debtors’ accounts, unless authorized otherwise by Portfolio Specialist
- Completion of statement run by sending and/ or printing statements
- The applicant must have completed an Hons degree in Financial Management from a CIMA aligned institution
- Must have an excellent command of English as written and spoken language.
- Previous bookkeeping experience, specifically in the property industry, will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and generally accepted accounting principles are recommended.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Numeracy and data entry skills
- Ability to do complex calculations
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Time and work management
- Stress management