The Engineering Graduate Development Programme aims to develop future Chief Engineers through a structured 24 month training Program.
What Does the Programme Cover?
- The Engineering programme consists of a 24-month training period, which is split into 2 phases
- The first phase is 9 months duration and includes a mix of competency and skills development to upgrade your technical skills and knowledge.
- The second phase is 15 months and is 80% technical and 20% administrative. This is to enforce technical skills in day-to-day operations, and to upgrade administrative and managerial skills.
- During your placements, you will gain on-the-job experience, as well as the practical skills and knowledge that will support your development as a future Chief Engineer
- A technical project is presented at the end of each phase.
During the Programme
During the Engineering Graduate Programme, participants will receive a structured and personalized training set up.
- You will be able to develop an understanding of the Engineering department’s function and how it interrelates with all other departments.
- You will gain in-depth knowledge of the Department to be able to assume the duties and responsibilities of a key team member (Maintenance Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer) by the end of the training period.
- You will learn and practice supervisory and managerial techniques.
- You will obtain formal training in those areas and be placed in on-the-job situations where these skills are practiced (e.g. planning, time management, coaching and counseling, establishing priorities, effective communication and management of resources).
What are the Learning Benefits?
- During your 24-month training you will also take part in a number of other face-to-face training courses focused on other business competence areas.
- As an Engineering participant you will also have access to Hilton University, our on-line learning and development tool, through which you can complete e-learning courses, learn a language on-line and make use of our on-line business library.
- You will be assigned a formal Mentor who will support both your personal and professional growth during and after the programme.
- You will be expected to regularly review your own performance and will be given both formal and informal feedback throughout the programme
This is a structured programme, however your drive and commitment will effect what you get out of it. You will be keen to learn your craft on the job, whilst putting your learning into practice. Your roles and responsibilities will evolve as your confidence and capabilities grow! This means you have to be driven and flexible.
We are looking for our future leaders, so you will have proven that you too want to be world class. If you are interested and you feel that you meet the following criteria, please apply online before the 08th of March 2020 via http://jobs.hilton.com.
- This specific requisition is for South African nationals only, if you have a different nationality please re-visit our career portal for alternative options.
- You must have graduated in either 2019 or 2020 from a Mechanical, Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering related Bachelor’s Degree.
- You must speak, read and write English fluently
- You must be able/willing to live and work in South Africa
- You must be fully mobile within the 2 year Programme
- You must have the desire to become a Chief Engineer
Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
: Day Job
: Apprentice/New Grad/Intern