Job Sector: Retail and Business Banking
Absa Is Looking For Talent
If you’re looking to forge a career with one of the leading banking groups in Africa and work closely with our customers in an environment that values its people, then we have an opportunity for you.
When a customer walks into one of our branches, they want to be able to get their hands on all the great products and services we have to offer with minimum of fuss. Whether it’s doing the simple things like helping a customer making a deposit, or using your judgment to refer them to the right colleague, your welcoming smile and commitment to everyday excellence will be what makes your branch uniquely Absa.
What You’ll Give Our Customers
Your role will be to provide customer service through timeous and accurate processing of client financial transactions to walk-in customers in Bank branches. Contribute to bottom line growth through identification of sales opportunities.
What You’ll Get In Return
Help our customers get the best that Absa has to offer, and you’ll get the same in return. We’re not just talking about valuable benefits like medical aid, pension fund, preferential banking rates, funeral cover and a wellbeing program. You’ll also enjoy a company spirit that believes in giving our employees the freedom to do a great job, and the support to reach their ambitions in the future.
Education and Experience, and Competency Requirements
The success of everyone at Absa is measured by our ability to put our customers at the center of everything we do. To achieve this you will need the following:
- Matric with accounting or Math’s is essential
- Clear criminal record
- Proven one-year experience in a customer-facing environment
- Prior knowledge within a retail environment will be an advantage
- Diploma in banking will be beneficial
Employees will also enjoy a company spirit that believes in giving our employees the freedom to do a great job, and the support to reach their ambitions in the future.
There are four stages in our application process:
- Application: On our application form we ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You will also be required to upload a CV, so it’s a good idea to have this ready.
- Online Assessments: We’ll then ask you to complete online assessments if you have passed our minimum screening criteria. You will also receive an email with the link to these assessments so you can complete them when it suits you best. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles.
- Interview: If you are successful in our assessments we will contact you to conduct a brief telephonic interview before we invite you to attend a face-to-face interview.
- Outcome: Following your interview we’ll be in touch within five working days to advise you of the outcome.
We are committed to employment equity when recruiting internally and externally. Preference will be given to suitably qualified individuals from previously disadvantaged groups in South Africa.
For new opportunities and exposure … Apply today, and take your career to the next level
If you have not received a response to your application in 15 days please consider your application unsuccessful.