Friday, 20 October 2017
South African Sugarcane Research Institute (SASRI) is offering a graduate programme opportunity and applications are invited from the candidates who have completed a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma with a major in Business Information Systems/Computer Science andknowledge/experience in designing databases, developing and maintaining applications.
The successful candidate will be mentored by the Data Process Manager assisting with research to develop high tech products and services for the sugar [URL Removed] training will focus on Java SE, J2EE and the Oracle ADF Framework.
Other areas in which training will be provided is Oracle databases, Oracle BI Publisher, Jasper Reports, Oracle Application Express, SharePoint 2013 and Linux fundamentals.
Purpose of the Internship is to:
- Provide workplace experience to graduates allowing them practical exposure that will enrich their academic training, enhancing future employability.
- Provide additional skills development training that will stimulate personal and professional growth, provide life skills and boost work readiness (Basic Business, Technical and Life Skills Training) through formal mentorship.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted via our online job portal accessible from our website at [URL Removed] (navigate to Careers @ SASA – Vacancies – FIND LINK BELOW).
Please also attach detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications, academic record, and South African Identity document.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- work in a team
- work methodically and systematically
- understand data management systems
- communicate well (verbal and written)
- understand IT systems from a development and business analysis point of view
- undertake design tasks for business computer systems
- work without supervision
- hardware and software technologies
- knowledge of Java,SQL,HTML,Oracle